HUGE changes to VMware Certification! And its good news

Discussion in 'News' started by JK2447, May 7, 2024.

1. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Launching Today: The VMware Certification Program just got a major upgrade!

Enhanced flexibility now makes earning your VMware certification easier than ever. Here’s what’s new:

Say goodbye to prerequisites!
    ↳Completing a training course or prerequisite certification is no longer required to earn a certification. Just keep in mind that certification upgrades continue to be offered through official courses.

Introducing standardized exam fees!
    ↳All new registrations, renewals, and retakes of VCTA, VCP, and VCAP exams will now be a flat fee of $250 USD with no changes to the exam content.

You can read more here

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Nyx
      Nyx
      Mixed feelings about this. Years ago I had no chance of getting certified as I would not fork out on official training on my own, so it was annoying. Now I know this change means anyone can get certified as dumps are advertised everywhere even on Linkedin.
      Having done some official courses since I thought the classroom based ones were brilliant. Recently I had access to On Demand Learning portal and thought the courses were just ok or worse...
      Renewed my VCP the other week and really have no desire to study and get any more certs, worked with Vmware for 10+ years and a lot of the content I never saw in real world scenarios. Don't really want to put the effort to memorise something for a test and forget it straight after. Maybe I'm just getting old...
      VINCENT and JK2447 like this.
    2. JK2447
      JK2447
      I hear what you’re saying mate. I worked for VMware and I always defended the course requirement as something that kept its value high. Because you can’t just pass an exam. There is that but then I think well. It kept so many people from getting certified. And Microsoft. Google. All of em. You just pass and that’s that. It is probably the right time to ditch the course requirement. Employers can have their cake and eat it now so now more than ever I think a few certs can show that you’ve got the experience and the bits of paper
      VINCENT likes this.
    3. VINCENT
      VINCENT
      Updates to the VMware Certification Program is a very good news to all VMware professionals like me, who continuously improve and enhance the technical knowledge and advance skillsets, just to stay ahead in today’s competitive environment. Thanks for sharing! Vincent Fajardo - IT Manager
      JK2447 likes this.
    4. JK2447
      JK2447
      Cheers Vincent, I appreciate this comment. I think VMware is very much stil the defacto standard for on prem DC technology with a very bright future. I hope this move will also save customers a lot of money on courses, although the courses are great
    5. JK2447
      JK2447
      In addition, you can now go straight to a VCAP if you're brave enough. There is no VCP requirement now. And lastly, while you can now get your VCP without a course, the badge looks slightly different if you've not sat the course. Not that you can see that on a CV :)