Audiobooks

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by JK2447, Apr 25, 2024.

1. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Hi all

I have had an audible account for years. I'd listen to Stephen King novels while I drove around seeing customers in work, to make light of the motorway journeys. More recently I've got myself a miniature dachund and take him for walks listening to them. Do you listen to these? What ones do you listen to? Audible or somewhere else?

I have to share my love for the Craig Allanson Expeditionary Force books, if you've not seen those, check them out they're amazing. About an AI that helps humanity and goes on space adventures, really great

J

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  2. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I've listened to a variety of different audio books - most of them have been of the Jack Reacher series (I actually collect signed copies of them). Apart from that, it's stuff like Firefly series of books, The Salvage Crew, Elvira (autobiography), and Pride & Prejudice (& variations).

However lately I've been listening to The Dragon Mage series by Scott Baron. Following the misadventures of Charlie through worlds of magic and technology, as well as the past, present, and future. Mythical creatures (dragons) and AI. Each book is a (mis)adventure in it's own right, but each book in the series follows on (and references events) from the previous ones.

After I finish this series, I'll take a look at Craig Allanson Expeditionary Force books, thanks :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
    JK2447 likes this.
  3. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Wow there are Firefly books?! Like the TV Show?! Checking!

Expeditionary force is 16 books up to now, absolutely incredible mate, I know you'll love them. I'm currently listneing to the Bobiverse books, also very good

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs